The NNEHIF team has acquired trustworthy, hands-on knowledge through decades of developing and financing affordable housing. When analyzing an investment, we use a comprehensive approach that has evolved from our collective experience. Early collaboration with project developers is key.
Benefits of Working with NNEHIF
- Assess project feasibility
- Assist in maximizing funding opportunities
- Provide market specific insight in Maine and New Hampshire
- Technical assistance
- Connections with industry professionals
- Strong projects underwritten to minimize risks
This is a general overview of how we view potential projects. These may be modified to respond to the characteristics of specific markets, or updated periodically to reflect evolving market conditions. In selecting projects in which to invest, the Fund will invest in those which most closely meet the goals of the Fund, which are to:
- Provide equity financing to qualifying projects, which will serve as affordable housing for Maine and New Hampshire’s low and moderate income residents.
- Provide reasonable safeguards to assure the long-term success of project investments.
- Encourage the delivery of appropriate and financially feasible services (from competent third parties in the social services industry) so special-needs low income tenants can maintain independent lifestyles in affordable apartments.
- Provide an adequate return to Fund investors.
- Create long-term impact in revitalizing communities and their neighborhoods.
- Support project sponsors who can successfully develop and operate affordable housing.
- Provide capital for projects, which might have difficulty accessing national markets.