Effective asset management requires a thorough understanding of real estate performance and its integration with investment returns. In this way, NNEHIF ensures that tax credits and other benefits are delivered to every multi-fund and direct investor. Our asset management is characterized by abundant technical assistance to managers, as well as collaboration with capable local professionals.
NNEHIF's asset management begins before there is an asset to manage. Our staff assists in underwriting prospective deals and review of operating budgets, design issues and tenant selection plans from an operator's perspective. We promote management expertise in both fundamental real estate operations and in regulatory compliance. We support sponsors new to running tax credit properties by helping to assess staff and procedures, upgrading management documents, plus providing hands-on assistance with critical steps, such as lease-up.
Key Asset Management Functions
- Monitor construction and lease-up progress on a monthly basis, through tax credit delivery, to stabilized operations
- Analyze the operating performance of invested properties and report to investors quarterly, covering occupancy, income, expenses, debt coverage and restricted reserves
- Conduct annual property reviews, including site inspection and tenant file audits (beginning at initial full occupancy)
- Perform disposition services on behalf of our investors
Spectrum Enterprises: Third-Party LIHTC Compliance
- Works closely with NNEHIF staff to ensure appropriate oversight and provide technical advice
- Available to sponsors or managers (at no cost) to help resolve complex compliance questions, throughout our investment holding period