Northern New England Housing Investment Fund is flexible in terms of how investments are structured. To best meet the needs and goals of our investors, we offer the following investing options:
Traditional multi-investor fund
This is the platform NNEHIF uses most often. The multi-investor fund offers investors a diversified investment in a variety of properties. The investor’s ownership percentage is relative to the number of other investors in the fund.
This type of fund is used when a single investor wishes to establish a fund with multiple properties. This platform can be more efficient, particularly if the investor is considering a relatively significant level of investment.
A direct investment is when an investor takes an ownership percentage of a specific project and others make the balance of the investment, often a multi-investor fund. An investor could also be the sole investor in a property. Since these investments are for specific properties, the risk profile is different than it is with the other investment choices.
In all cases, we provide the same syndication, asset management services and investor reporting specific to each investor’s needs.
- Androscoggin Savings Bank
- Bangor Savings Bank
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Bath Savings Bank
- Biddeford Savings Bank
- Boston Financial
- Camden National/United Kingfield
- Citizens Bank New Hampshire
- Connecticut River Bank
- Eastern Bank
- Fannie Mae
- Gorham Savings Bank
- John Hancock Realty Advisors
- JP Morgan/Washington Mutual
- Kennebunk Savings
- Key Community Development Corporation
- Ledyard National Bank
- Mascoma Savings Bank
- Meredith Village Savings Bank
- Merrimack County Savings Bank/
- Bow Mills Bank
- Northeast Bank
- Norway Savings Bank
- People's United Bank
- Saco & Biddeford Savings Institution
- Sanford Institution for Savings
- Sovereign Bank
- TD Bank N.A.
- The First N.A.
- Woodsville Guaranty Savings Bank
Why investors choose NNEHIF:
- Track Record - We created our first fund in 1996 and, in the words of a first time investor, "Looking back, NNEHIF did exactly as promised when the fund was created."
- Performance - NNEHIF funds have consistantly achieved their Target Return and yielded the anticipated IRR.
- Local Knowledge - Housing credit investments are commercial real estate transactions and understanding the local market is critical to choosing the best development opportunities.
- Rigorous Underwriting - Strict and thorough underwriting during the due diligence phase of the deal sets us apart from other syndicators.
- Asset Management - NNEHIF dedicates a large portion of its resources to managing assets for the 15-year holding period of an investment. There is the ongoing monitoring of operating results and regulatory compliance, which is aggregated and periodic reports are prepared for investors.